Russell Aaron will teach you everything from where to start with WordPress to publishing your content online in a few simple steps.
Below is the class outline and descriptions for each topic. Contact Russell Aaron if you have any questions. Location and Parking can be found here.
By the end of this class, you’ll have full working knowledge of how WordPress works and what to do when/if things go sideways.
Zero WordPress knowledge is needed to attend.
Included with this class is 15 days personal support with Russell over Skype or Google Hangouts.
- Are they the same?
- Common paths to logging in
- Learning the WordPress dashboard
- Single vs Multisite
- Buying a domain name from a register
- What is DNS all about
- Common errors with DNS
- Frequently asked questions
- Installation and updates
- Required vs Compatable plugins
- WordPress plugin urban legends
- Adding your content
- The visual and text editor
- Drafts, Revisions, and Publishing
- Simple changes and where to find them
- Harder changes and where to put them
- Tricks of the trade
- Three folders and you
- What if that doesnt work?
- Rollback to a different/previous version
1. What’s the difference between WordPress .com and .org?
2. How do domains and hosting work together?
3. WordPress Themes & Plugins
4. Creating the first page and post
5. Customizing your WordPress site
6. Debug and fixing quickly